Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 3
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you for all the great advice. My CA 125 went to 7700. Having another para tomorrow plus a CT scan. Having a lot of Shortness of breath and think I have pleural effusions now. CT scan should pick that up if that’s what causing my SOB. Can’t wait to start chemo to stop all this!

September 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’m excited for you too, Elaine, to get started and get things under control! It’s amazing how fast chemo goes to work, and I really hope you’ll feel better soon… Just think, no more of the darned Para’s!🥰💕 take care of yourself and please keep in touch!🩵xo

6 days ago
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Elaine, I wish you all the best with your new chemo. Before you know it your CA 125 will be half of what it is now, and it is so good to get started!
If I knew before I started what I know now… stock up on easy to digest protein foods like pasteurized yogurt, cottage cheese, hard cheeses, tofu, eggs, peanut/sunflower butters … lots of saltine crackers, chicken noodle soup, instant mashed potatoes, applesauce, bananas, ginger tea, gingerale and lots of ginger candies. I was really glad I had decaffeinated & caffeinated black tea, and chamomile tea and honey (not raw)which really helped! I had a big challenge with nausea for days 3 to 9 afterward, the nurse practitioner was suggesting a lot of ginger, tea and ginger chews… it also really helped to take Compazine every eight hours and try to stay ahead of the nausea! But everybody has different reactions, and I see that Mary had no problem with Doxil.

You’re supposed to avoid raw vegetables, most raw fruit, anything with a lot of fiber that will aggravate your intestinal tract. I got a lot of the protein nutrition drink drinks (Premier Protein, ensure, Pirq, etc) I think often our bodies know best—and will let us know what we can try to eat.
So important to eat 6 small meals during the day instead of a lot of food so you give your tummy a chance to adjust!
Sending all the very best to you, Elaine! Please let us know how you’re feeling! XO

September 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I start on Oct 2 with Carbo/Doxcil.
Thanks for the advice on Doxcil. What are good foods to eat with Doxcil?

September 29
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

@A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member
Hi Cheri, I hope well with your Doxil/Carbo treatment….have you started yet or is your first one on October 2? I think it’s a really good idea to separate those medication’s by a day, especially if you’re having to do the desensitization!
I am finding that the Doxil is complicated. I’m getting ready for my second infusion on Monday September 28. If I can share any thoughts or help at all for you and @A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member, please let me know!
You have to really watch what you eat with Doxil, because it affects your tummy. What I learned is that Doxil targets ALL rapidly dividing cells, both good and bad. So not only does it attack rapidly dividing cancer cells, but also goes after the rapidly dividing good guy cells that make up your intestinal tract!! I have found it to be really hard on digestion, but learned a lot about what to eat & how navigate Doxil, so please let me know if I can share any info!
Wishing you both the very best with your treatments!! Sending my best thoughts your way.🥰🫶💕

September 24

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭