Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Okemos, MI

I have a very rare OC called ovarian carcinoma sarcoma stage 3. Does anyone else have it?

. I’m about to have treatment 2 and I’m scared of being sick. But like someone said. They have really good drugs- which I’m fine with and grateful for - so I don’t have to suffer. I have also filled every prescription just in case I need it so I don’t have to be in pain or wait for a call back from the office.

I started wearing my W-g (I call it The Rachel from Friends as I don’t like the W word. I spent a… read more

August 14 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Mywig was toohot also so I did no wear it daily. Aamzon has a section for chemotherapy help that carries caps to cover your head to keep warm. I have gone out inpubli withou the cap many times with my bald head and received many approving comments. I think bald heads or heads with little hair has become more accepted and common these days.

August 15
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Do what makes you comfortable, dear. Don’t worry about what people say. I’ve gone through two rounds of chemo now. During the first round, I went bald and still heard nasty things people said about me. During the second round, I wore a wig and still heard nasty comments. So, people will always have something to say.

They’re not in our shoes, and they don’t know what we’re going through. At the end of the day, we should do whatever makes us happy and comfortable. Don’t forget to live! Stay strong and happy, regardless of what others say. ❤️

We will beat this “C” intruder in our lives! 💪❤️

August 18
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My Rachel made me sweat. And it was a 3k one too so I opted into no nylon on my bald head. Bamboo liners made my head sweat...i almost needed deodorant on my head. I kid you not so when I was home off it came. I think today and go boy I went all out on a Rachel too.

August 14
MyOvarianCancerTeam

First of all, "The Rachel" is iconic — great choice! 🙌 And absolutely zero judgment here. Wearing what makes you feel most like *you* is completely valid, and being prepared with your prescriptions ahead of time is genuinely smart thinking.

Regarding keeping comfortable under your wig, bamboo liners are actually a popular Show Full Answer

First of all, "The Rachel" is iconic — great choice! 🙌 And absolutely zero judgment here. Wearing what makes you feel most like *you* is completely valid, and being prepared with your prescriptions ahead of time is genuinely smart thinking.

Regarding keeping comfortable under your wig, bamboo liners are actually a popular option among people going through treatment. Here's why they tend to work well:

- Bamboo fabric is naturally breathable and moisture-wicking, which helps with heat buildup
- Bamboo liners/caps are also very soft and gentle on a sensitive scalp
- They can help regulate temperature in both directions — cooling when warm, and providing a soft layer when feeling cold or sensitive

Some other tips that a MyOvarianCancerTeam member found helpful for scalp comfort include:

- Moisturizing the scalp with argan oil or gentle lotion
- Using baby shampoo if washing any remaining hair
- Keeping the scalp protected and hydrated

On the nausea front, having those prescriptions ready is a brilliant move. Eating smaller, more frequent meals and sipping ginger or peppermint tea can also help alongside your medications.

Wishing you the smoothest possible treatment 2! 💪

August 14
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I bought a couple wigs in the $250 range in the same style and color as my hair. No one ever knew they were wigs. However, the fronts became rather itchy . They wee never too hot (maybe the difference between natural hair and synthetic?) At home I wore chemo caps or beanies because w/o a wig, my head was cold. Two months after chemo, we took a trip to Mexico. I took the plunge and stopped wearing my wigs or caps - although I did wear a sun hat. I got compliments on my short haircut which was just about an inch long at that point.

August 18

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hot Springs, VA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭