Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

I have had two rounds of caelyx also known as doxil with another coming up in a few days and i feel this incredible fatigue. Like each component of each cell is exhausted. I sit still and still feel like just existing is exhausting. I no longer shop or cook for the family. Just wonder if anyone else has felt this throughout a cycle as I do? I have heard exercise is supposed to help, but these days if I stand it is a good day lol. Any other ideas? Sick and tired of beimg sick and tired. 🙂

Love to… read more

August 30, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I love your description of fatigue. I also experience extreme fatigue that make me a cup of tea exhausted me and raise my heart rate to 140 bpms. Do you have updated blood tests? After 5 months of life-alterating fatigue my surgeon finally got my oncologist to agree to give me a blood transfusion and it changed my life.

September 2, 2025
MyOvarianCancerTeam

The extreme fatigue you're experiencing is very common during cancer treatment. One MyOvarianCancerTeam member described it as their "string running out" - where even simple tasks like walking to the kitchen became overwhelming, requiring rest breaks just to complete basic activities. Here are some strategies that may help Show Full Answer

The extreme fatigue you're experiencing is very common during cancer treatment. One MyOvarianCancerTeam member described it as their "string running out" - where even simple tasks like walking to the kitchen became overwhelming, requiring rest breaks just to complete basic activities. Here are some strategies that may help manage treatment-related fatigue:

• Spread activities throughout the day with rest breaks in between
• Establish a regular bedtime routine
• Maintain good hydration and balanced nutrition
• Ask for help from others with daily tasks
• Have your doctor check for treatable causes like vitamin deficiencies or anemia
• Try gentle movement when possible, but only what your body can tolerate Remember that during treatment, there will be significant downtime when you simply need to rest. It's completely normal and okay to not be able to maintain your usual activities. Focus on taking care of yourself and accepting help from others during this challenging time.

August 30, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you! I hope your treatment goes well too! ♥️

November 6, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

let's hope those last few tumors disappear and you get to NED!

November 6, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

The tumours were each about 2 cm x 2 cm. I have never achieved NED. Coming up on my 14th chemo. Nine of platinum and taxane chemo and going to have my 5th doxil (caelyx) in November.

November 6, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alberta canada

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston (Milton), MA