I’ve had the sleep issue since I was in the hospital. I even take a magnesium supplement that has L-theanine. Chemo recovery is going to be rough if I can’t get to sleep.
Answer Summary
Members rallied around the question of how to fall asleep during chemo recovery, sharing a wide range of remedies that have helped them.... Read more
Sleep struggles during chemo recovery are so common, and it's clear you're already trying hard to find what works. Since you've doubled your Trazodone dose, it's really important to loop in your doctor before making any more medication changes — they may be able to adjust your treatment plan to better support sleep.
Beyond Show Full Answer
Have a Sleep Study done you may have some breathing issues you don’t know about that are keeping you awake. I tried it and it worked for me. I am a firm believer in essential oils I use this is terrible. I can’t remember the name of them. I’ll remember it and I’ll let you know. I’m sorry but it’s a brand that’s really inexpensive but they have a fantastic oil essential oils revive revive is the name of the company. I thought to get my essential oils from. I know I’d remember if I thought long enough. Just scan through their database they have a lot of different things there and they don’t charge shipping. They’re very reasonable and if we don’t like what you get, you can call him and I’ll take it back so there’s really nothing to worry about as far as being out any money or anything. Some of my sleep issues are called by or caused by anxiety so I take medication for that and it helps a lot, but I think the best thing that has helped me more than anything has been keeping my room, cool and snuggling under a blanket for some reason it just is so comforting and I’m easy to fall asleep that way. This is such a frustrating thing to have and I certainly hope that you find a way to get some relief from it or you can get some sleep I’m sure you’ve probably tried the white noise channels and the music to sleep by. I use that too and that also helps me especially during the night while you’re sleeping. It keeps you kind of on even keel, but like I said, I hope these things help you. I know I was reading the answers that some of the ladies gave you and they are really really great so don’t rule anything out even if you try it before try it again you just never know well take care and I love you and have a great weekend. OK God bless bye-bye
@A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member we have one cat that usually cuddles & purrs. She hasn’t been purring lately! I don’t know if she senses something is going on with me or if she’s not feeling well.
I’m not typically a hot tea drinker, but I’ll give it a try!
Sweet dreams (essential oils.) Is great (vitality essential oils.) Love there oils. Frankensense is great for neuropthy .you have to check them out.
Trazadone has never helped me with sleep. I have been using Lunesta and find it works every time. But you should check with your oncology phrmaist to make sure it's okay for youl