Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Stage 3B, diagnosed December, 2026. Three chemos earlier this year followed by major debulking surgery and HIPEC the end of March, and one chemo since. My fifth chemo is scheduled for this coming week. I have been lucky until now to have been spared most chemo side effects and recovery from surgery was routine. But starting 6 days ago I’ve been wracked with abdominal pain of two sorts. My entire abdomen aches, 4 on the pain scale. The other pain is nearly unbearable—sharp waves across my… read more

May 23
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around a community member dealing with severe abdominal pain from a complete bowel blockage after ovarian cancer surgery and... Read more

Members rallied around a community member dealing with severe abdominal pain from a complete bowel blockage after ovarian cancer surgery and chemo, offering both emotional support and practical insight. Several members shared their own experiences with bowel obstructions, noting that NG tubes, while deeply uncomfortable, can successfully resolve blockages without surgery, and one member shared that intravenous fluids and rest helped their obstruction clear within three days. A recurring theme was validating how intense the pain truly is, with members encouraging each other to keep going and stay connected through the recovery process.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Laura, interesting. I swear by my medical grade inversion table!
Only thing have to be careful because I have glaucoma can’t stand too much pressure ).
Has helped entire body circulation , my sinuses, inner ear, cervical, thorax and lumbar, and abdominal region.

After I’m on it, I pulldown to hold the foot bar to stretch my back.
Feel like I’ve had a nice stretch workout. When I reach the perfect gravity balance, it’s total relaxation.
Thanks for bringing up the topic.
Hoping Alexa’s NG tube tube will be out soon.
🥰 Kaye

May 26
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’ve had many bowel obstructions since my initial surgery 10 years ago and they are no joke. I know immediately when it happens and sometimes (not always) hanging on my inversion board upside down, helps. I cannot tolerate an NG tube anymore so just ride it out in the hospital.

May 26
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

With muscles issues i always find heat helps. I may take a med then put on my heating pad for a bit.

May 26
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you Laura
Wondering how you ride it out without an NG tube ? Sounds good!

May 26
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Just learned that it is partial intestinal blockage.

May 24

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Irvine, CA