Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 30
 · 
Reactions
Stomach Pain and a ‘Sloshing’ Feeling: My Early Signs of Ovarian Cancer Read Article...
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi there sweet Jane, it’s been a week since you sent msg. Sorry for my tardiness. Thank you for asking how I’m doing. To be honest, I’m still fighting the storm surge of grief.
Please know I’m familiar with fighting those damn side effects with Cathy. Virgina (Ginny) knows how hard Cathy fought bleeding explosive stools, sharp abdominal pain, bad lymphedema, so with each type of side effect we always went to Ginny.
Ya see, Ginny has this SECRET laboratory in TN we can’t talk about, 😮 but many many times she unveiled her tricks of the trade while suffering big time! We’re talking major sepsis. I don’t know what I’d do without her.
Some days were ok, some in between, and then it was ER 3 x’s in a row! But overall, all we could do were simple things to alleviate discomfort. The diarrhea- sometimes you get to the point where one does not trust themselves to go out.
Like Cathy said, “I do the best I can”.
Her spirit is with me everyday and when I’m sad, I can hear her New Yorker accent voice say that.

Hang tight! Like Cathy and I said together “People wouldn’t believe what all we go through”. She’s right.

Here comes a big hug 🥰
Kayr

May 14
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Try to stay positive and have faith. This is the key! You take care and let me know how you are doing. 🙏🏻🩵🩵🩵🩵

May 1
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Have had Rubraca and Lynparza both and they are great drugs. Have also been on targeted therapies and immuno agents. On Elahere now. Don’t get discouraged after reading this I’ve been fighting this evil little bug since 2017! I wonder if an exorcism would help? 😁

April 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Cathy was an amazing gift to me. I was just into my on journey hen i met her. I haven't been through most of the things that Cathy went through with you by her side. I am profoundly lucky to know you both. Grief is hard and i cannot imagine how much you miss Cathy. I do know that I hope for you to feel peace and know how much you are loved and appreciated! One moment at a time and always do the best you can. Big hugs to you.
🤗❤️‍🩹❤️
Jane 🌻💙🌻

May 16
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Kaye, i hope you are doing well.
Jane 🌻💙🌻

May 7

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hendersonville, NC

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gainesville, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lima, Peru

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In