Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gainesville, FL

Just day 3 on Lynparza I began to have a cough and slight headache. It has continued. Indigestion and nausea
Day 7 and 8 in addition to the above. I am experiencing a hyperness that is making me jittery, fidgety, talking loud, fast and over the top with random stuff. At times I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. I cannot focus or remember why I stood up to do something. I don't even get to the room before I forget. I have taken more compozine this week than I have since… read more

July 30, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My doctor had to lower my dose to 500mg a day and my body adapted to the slightly lower dose. Inform your doctor of all the side effects you are experiencing and he/she maybe able to help with that.

August 10, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi jbrotherson111 - If you are on 600 mg a day you just might need to have the dosage adjusted. I was placed on 400 mg a day because of my body size and weight and the only side effects were constipation and once during the two year period I had my red blood cells tank and had to go off the Lynparza for a two week period and occasional brain fog. You may want to talk to you doctor and see if a reduction might be in order.

August 4, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

It may take your body time to adjust . Give it a while and if it doesn't get better talk to your oncologist about reducing the dose or stopping then coming back on at a lower dose. What dose are you on? 600? If you can tolerate it somehow this is a drug that may help keep you progression fee for years if you are a brca carrier. I have non stop headaches and sinus pain with it but its tolerable with pain meds.. 2 years on it can give you many more years of life after it! You won't be on it forever... but get it to where it works for you. ..

July 30, 2025 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

That is what my doctor did also. He lowered to 500 last week. I havent started yet. The pharmacy called yesterday to refill the original. The side effects on 600mg have calmed down but, no where near long term. I talked with the specials pharmacist yesterday. He was able to tell me that my horrific side effects were opposite of the of the usual and common ones. He had a word for it, but, as usual i will remember that word when i don't want to say it or write it. He looked at some studies that i could not find and said that there was no evidence that a reduced dose would or would not keep the cancer from reoccurring.
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Jane B
🌻💜🌻

August 12, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I will try that. Now i eat something just before and after i take it.

July 31, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
AMMINIKKAD, PERINTHALMANNA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭