Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have Clear Cell Carcinoma, stage 3, hearing that Ivermectin and Fenbendazole have been helping many with Cancer. Looking for more Information.

March 21
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Greetings again!
I’m researching again about the 2 drugs being tested. Statistically speaking when performing a valid tests, certain criteria must be met:
Must have a large population size.
Must have a double blind study.
This testing takes a while when given to humans
Sometimes, the FDA will put it on fast track after the drugs have reached important goals.
I do not know if it’s out of phase 1 or 2.
As they say, “one cannot rush science”.

🥰🥰 Kaye

March 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Dr. Kate,

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful reply. And, for the concise wording that initiated that reaction.

So grateful for you and to you for the work you did during Covid and now!

March 23
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I concur Julie. I wasnt trying to be patronizing but I was taking issue with the inital statement of.."has helped many with cancer". That is plain not true and where my bluntness was directed. Apologies if it was taken as patronizing.

Dr. K x

March 23
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

This thread is about the curiousity and use of Ivermectin. We already know it’s not approved by the FDA for use in cancer…and that it may cause permanent damage and death.

But, let’s stay curious to everything. What someone chooses to do with their own body is their choice. We are all adults. Trust me, folks who talk about alternative treatments have no shortage of hearing others’ opinions and their warnings and disapproval.

My friend was dying of OC and she used Ivermectin and FenBen after all chemos had failed. She died. She was so embarrassed and ashamed about using Ivermectin and the stigma behind it that she was afraid to tell me. I’ve never heard of one single patient of OC being cured by Ivermectin.

And, I’ve never heard of only 2 people who have cured their stage 3 or 4 OC with chemo. Chemo causes cancer resistance. I’m on Gem/carbo/Avastin and Pegfilgrastin shots because my neutrophils are so low. My platelets are crazy high and I have an inflammation storm in my body. I have brain fog and can barely lift 10lb dumbells now. I’m weak and my gut biome is trashed from the chemo. My therapist said to me, “when is the cure worse than the disease?” I took a year off from chemo last year to “live.” The cancer came back and I needed a second debulking. But I had an AMAZING year!

The chemo is poisoning my body. It will give me a few more years to live. FDA approved chemos are still poison.

I tried the alternative route. I am 80% sure, the macrobiotic diet cured my friend. He had colon cancer. My other friend had bladder cancer when I got OC. She refused chemo because her husband died from complications from chemo. We did an alternative therapy together (nutrition based) 3 months later she was cured. My cancer raged on with both protocols. I think the treatment is bespoke to the cancer. Which is why targeted therapies for HER2, BRCA, Folate and now PD-L1 work so well for those patients.

I’d like to create a bridge for the folks on alternative treatment paths so they can document their journeys.

When you patronize them, they go underground and then we never hear what didn’t /did work.

If we knew for sure, folks wouldn’t sit in their death beds and think, “what if” it worked??? Did I miss something???

In my four years on this site, I’ve seen thousands of dollars wasted on “snake oil” cures. I’ve read of folks spending their last dollars on a “miracle cure” that never comes. If we let folks be open and honest, we can learn from them.

Let’s let the light in on all therapies and get facts. There is no shame in sharing your therapies as long as you are open and honest.

March 23 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I hear you. I have a friend who cured her bladder cancer. I did the same protocol and my cancer came back. I have another friend who cured his colon cancer on a macrobiotic diet. I did the diet with his coach and my cancer returned.

I know there are 1000’s of us who have gone the alternative route. I do know someone who is now deceased who used ivermectin when everything else failed.

What I’m looking for is a 10 individuals who have cured their stage 3 or 4 Ovarian Cancer through alternative means. I’ve only seen one person.

I’m not saying it won’t work for you, I just don’t want to create false hope and have folks spend a ton of money on things that don’t work.

March 22

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In