Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
March 18
 · 
Be the first to react
Where Does Ovarian Cancer Spread? Metastatic Progression Read Article...
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Please know You’ve got me and 8,500 other girls supporting you!!
Keep me informed because I CARE! ❤️❤️❤️❤️🥰Kaye

April 9
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you. I actually live in Houston Texas not Alaska so am being treated at MDA for which I am very grateful. However no trials suitable for me as yet. The SMJ is a fairly new feature for me so will wait and see what oncologist says in a couple of weeks.
Onward!

March 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

🥰 Chris,
There’s got to be something out there for you.
I’ll keep researching .
Have you thought about a second opinion going to another place like Mayo, Cleveland clinic, MD Anderson?
Sometimes clinical trials are available in larger teaching hospitals like Mayo and md Anderson.

I went to md Anderson for second option with breast cancer and then I went to Mayo Clinic for 2nd opinion of MS..just wanted to make sure.

Know you’ve got a huge army of girls here. 8,500!
My GF Cathy who had OC dx @t age 79. We went to 3 different hospitals. She was metastatic liver, pertoneum, appendix,. We decided to go to Cleveland Climic satellite in Vero beach.
Other places said they didn’t have anything else.
So we left, traveled to Vero beach for infusions…. she lived an extra 2 years. We traveled to Hardrock and we had fun. 🤩

Ok, will stop chatting now 🥰
Your friend, Kaye

March 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you for the information. I haven’t found a whole lot myself- mostly that it has a poor prognosis. Yours is the only reply I’ve had so I don’t think it’s very common. Just my luck!

March 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi there Chris,

When I was researching this s tumor, it has a better outcome even at stage I’ve.

Read below:
Simple Summary

A Sister Mary Joseph nodule is a visible tumor at the belly button that sometimes occurs in women with advanced ovarian cancer.
Although it is classified as distant metastatic disease, its location suggests it may spread differently from other stage IV metastases, such as those in the liver or lungs.
We conducted a multicenter retrospective study describing clinical outcomes and exploring survival patterns in patients with this nodule versus other patterns of stage IV disease.

Patients with a Sister Mary Joseph nodule showed a trend toward better survival outcomes.
These findings suggest that not all stage IV metastases behave the same way and that the pattern of spread may carry important prognostic information, although further validation is required. Recognizing these differences could improve how clinicians interpret advanced disease and may guide future research on individualized treatment strategies for patients with ovarian cancer..

Might be a clinical trial out there?

Hope this info helps.
🥰🥰 Kaye

March 30

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oceanside, NY

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lebanon, OR