Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 16, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Maggie keeping a positive attitude and having joy in your life goes a long way and I and others here can testify to that. Sometimes it’s hard to joyful and it’s times like these that I look around and realize how much better off I am than a lot of people on our earth. I guess it all comes down to perspective. I think I may have stumbled/bumbled on a future cancer cure. If cancer research could put it in the form of a telephone call we could block it and delete it from our lives. For those cells that escape we can send them to the Federal Communication Center and let the Feds get rid of the nuisance!!! Hugs!

October 16, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

As a type 2 diabetic I have been taking metformin for the past 15 years and had been taking Ozempic for 2 years prior to my diagnosis of OC. I have also had blood levels taken of vitamin D which were well within normal range, but I am supplementing extra and am now adding vitamin k2 -7. The chemo did a real job on my magnesium but the levels are now coming up with supplementation of 400 mgs. of magnesium bisglycinate daily. Taken at night I find this helps me sleep. I have switched to a low glycaemic diet and supplement with fish oils with plenty of protein and fibre. I forgot to mention that my religious tumour attached itself to my omentum and then wrapped around my transverse colon, so I also had a bowel resection. I am also practicing hydration with plenty of water instead of coffee and am starting an exercise programme. I agree about a good sense of humour and hope that a positive attitude will bring about a positive outcome!

October 16, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

* I also had another 2 rounds of chemo. after my surgery.

October 16, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you for your encouragement. It is an irony that I have a religious tumour (as I categorize it) because I am not a particularly religious person. I find it difficult to read the amount of posts that are filled with religious messages. I guess everyone to their own. I am looking for practical ways to get through this diagnosis. I have just finished 4 rounds of Carboplatin and Taxel, followed by surgery - total hysterectomy, bowel resection and removal of umbilicus and removal/debulking of other abdominal tumours. Unfortunately I have no genetic mutations, so maintenance treatment is limited. I live in Nova Scotia Canada.

October 16, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I haven’t heard of this but gonna look it up! Stay positive and God bless you!

October 16, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sydney, AU