Stage 3c HGSC, BRCA 1, had 3 rounds of chemo before hysterectomy and 4 rounds after.Latest ct scan showed 2 small lesions in stomach, biopsy came back positive for cancer.
Has anyone experienced a recurrence while on Lynparza before completing one year of treatment, and what treatment options were offered?
It's understandably concerning to face a recurrence while on maintenance therapy. While Lynparza significantly reduces the risk of recurrence, breakthrough cancer can still occur, even in Show Full Answer
Did physicians mention IVF to prevent the BRCA gene mutation being passed on to a new generation?
Unfortunately, I also have BRCA1 from my mother. I'm 28 years old. I'm still not sure if I want more children, so the specialist recommended I get an MRI every year and a mammogram every six months until I feel ready to make a decision.
I’m also BRCA 1. Unfortunately, I passed on to my daughter the BRCA mutation. Two sons negative and one son who hasn’t tested positive.
Very similar to my mom's. She had 3C HGNC BRCA1 three rounds of chemotherapy, surgery, and another three rounds of chemotherapy. Then she started Lynparza. Ten months after her last chemotherapy, the cancer returned even though she was taking Lynparza. Now we're waiting for a biopsy because the oncologist wants to see if the cancer mutated.