Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oceanside, NY

Hi Teal Sisters
I’m currently on gem/carbo regimen which is a 21 day cycle and just started my 5 cycle and thought only had one more but my oncologist thinking to extend to 8 ! This is my second reoccurrence would adding more help I’m so done mentally and physically was excited for a break but if beneficial then going for it! My ca 125 had gone back to normal at 14 but I know those cancer cells are never gone plus I have tp53 mutation which I believe makes it more aggressive. I just want a long… read more

February 1
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’m managing but it sucks and sick of gaining weight I’m trying to just deal and hope to keep it away as long as can! My face also gets swollen from steroids and red but nothing can go till finish treatments 💪🏻 wishing you all the best lmk how your upcoming ct goes good luck

February 1
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Lisa I had a recurrence, my first, last year. The team decided on Carboplatin and pacitaxel
again as I had such a good reaction to it initially. Sadly the second time round was a different story. I was so unwell after the first cycle I ended up in hospital on a rehydration drip for 6 hours! Due to this my chemo was reduced to 80%. I was still very unwell and tried to keep going but after the 4th cycle I just had to hive up. The CT result following this was a miracle in that I had NED. The oncologist said he had never seen this before. My last chemo was at the end of August 2025. My next appointment with the oncologist is on 17 February. I will only have had a CA125 before seeing him. He may request a CT for the 3 months after that. I have recently been having a few niggling pains in my abdomen but I am hoping that is just my guts objecting! From what has been said if you are managing your chemo ok I would go with it. xx

February 1
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Enjoy your trip 💕

February 9
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

You are a brave warrior dear sister. Holding you close and praying peace comes quickly. My doctor has referred me to hospice as well. Not quite ready yet. I actually feel better, off treatment for 6 months now, than I have in ages. My CA 125 is up to 791, so go figure. I meet with my oncologist in 3 weeks, and likely will decline any further treatment. It’s humbling to decide the treatment is worse than the disease, but I’ve been a target for every possible side effect. I’m going to Puerto Rico next week with my daughters, creating memories with very special time together. We need to savor every moment we have.

February 9
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you Cathy and Kaye for your response and caring ! Cathy sending you a big hug to feel better xo sorry you not feeling so good today 💕

February 7

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
VICKY81_15@HOTMAIL.COM

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In