I have Ovarian Cancer - Clear Cell Carcinoma. I was diagnosed in November of 2020. During my entire journey, I have slowly adjusted my diet to be mostly keto, but since early last year, I have been doing very strict keto, based on Dr. Seyfried's research. At times, I reach therapeutic levels of Ketosis. I am currently also working with Dr. Meakin using off-label medications to try to kill this cancer. Dr. Meaking was a recommendation from Dr. Seyfried in his information packet. My cancer is rare and very aggressive. The conventional doctors are at the end of their ideal treatments for me, which were surgery and chemotherapy. I am currently on weekly chemo for the next three months. I would say that at the very least, the diet helps with overall health, preparing the body to accept whatever treatment and it helps with long term side effects.
January 27
I agree, diet helps overall health.
January 27
Has a ketogenic diet been recommended for managing your ovarian cancer?
Unfortunately, the search results don't include specific information about ketogenic diets for ovarian cancer or experiences from MyOvarianCancerTeam members who've tried this approach.
What is available are general dietary recommendations that focus on:
- Show Full Answer
Has a ketogenic diet been recommended for managing your ovarian cancer?
Unfortunately, the search results don't include specific information about ketogenic diets for ovarian cancer or experiences from MyOvarianCancerTeam members who've tried this approach.
What is available are general dietary recommendations that focus on:
- Working with a registered dietitian experienced in cancer care to create a personalized plan
- Making gradual, sustainable changes rather than crash diets
- Eating smaller, more frequent meals if appetite is an issue
- Including adequate protein and nutrients to support your body during treatment
Before starting any specialized diet like keto, it's important to discuss it thoroughly with your oncologist and ideally work with a registered dietitian. They can help ensure the diet won't interfere with your treatment and meets your nutritional needs during this time.
If you'd like to connect with other members about their dietary experiences, you might consider posting your question directly in the MyOvarianCancerTeam community feed where members can share their personal experiences.
AI-generated responses are not a substitute for medical advice. These services are not intended to
diagnose, treat, or cure any condition or disease. Always ask your doctor about specific health concerns.
Ovarian Cancer and Weight Gain
January 27