HGSC 3b
Answer Summary
Members reassured someone whose CA-125 rose from 83 to 128 after surgery, explaining that post-surgical inflammation commonly causes temporary... Read more
Yes. I went way up, once as they had done a Catscan test and the needle in my ( cannot think of the name of my opening) popped out. It was really painful and they put another in. The next day they cancelled the trial drugs do to a quick rise in CA125, but they did not understand what happened with the needle and the drugs going everywhere. I was really sick for a month.
In many ways even though horrid, having a mutation like BRCA can actually be be beneficial in treatment as the mechanism for why those mutations cause cancer is better understood and therapies like PARP inhibitors have been developed to target the weaknesses in those mutations. PARPi may he helpful for many but have shown particularly good outcomes for BRCA carriers. If she does get a positive mutation hit please please get yourself and other family members tested. Knowledge is power and you can explore ways to minimize your risks with enhanced screening or surgery (which just saved me from invasive breast cancer).
I also had optimal debulking with no remaining macroscopic disease seen. OC is very aggressive and microscopic disease likely will remain so nuking the hell out of it with chemo is so very very important. I find it especially cruel to hear of ladies with young kids being diagnosed. Its a tragedy for anyone but for young family's it is just such a devastating impact on their lives. I wish her and you and your family all the best and the best that the miracles of modern medicine can provide.
CA-125 levels can fluctuate for various reasons. While CA-125 is often used to monitor ovarian cancer, normal levels are considered below 35 units per milliliter. The increase you're experiencing could be related to several factors, including the surgery itself and post-surgical healing processes.
Post-surgical bleeding is a Show Full Answer
In our case as well, since there was an opening after the surgery, the doctor had difficulty understanding the cause of the bleeding. She had bleeding for a week. Then, they said there was still an opening and put internal stitches again, which was even more difficult than the debulking surgery. Maybe that’s why the value increased. We will have a blood test next week and see what the result is.🙏🏻
Right now, the disease is not in the lymph nodes, which I consider a blessing. I try to always look on the bright side. We’ll see what life brings. We will do our best, and the rest is in God’s hands. Thank you very much for your kind wishes, and I wish you plenty of health and a long life as well.🌸🙏🏻