Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

This is what came back after MD Anderson sent mine to an expert. Originally it looked like clear cell. But was not.

March 23, 2024 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Pegleg, this is what I found online for you:

Mesonephric-like adenocarcinoma is a new class of rare subtypes of the female reproductive system. Its clinical symptoms are similar to other types of ovarian tumors. The diagnosis is based on pathological and immunohistochemical methods. The main treatment option is surgery combined with chemotherapy.

Basically, the journal articles I found say it is a new (rare) subset of ovarian cancer. I hope this helps a little. I will see if I can find anything else for you.

March 23, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Boy, this all sounds so messed up!! I hope you get a good result from the Pet Scan. I understand getting off the taxol because of neuropathy. I’m on taxol for a 2nd time which is causing continued neuropathy. I’m also supposed to be on Avastin, but I’ve been off of it because of side effects. They will try again next week. I hope they find a new and improved treatment for you new condition. Prayer 🙏🏻, love 🩵 and hugs 🤗

March 26, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you, that’s interesting. Looks like the treatment is the same.

March 23, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Pegleg, have you received your PetScan results yet? 🙏🏻🩵

March 31, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have had chemo in the form of taxol and avastin that have worked, I will not be using taxol any more because after three times, I am getting neuropathy, but as the neorology doctor said, nothing is dead yet, so it may get better with time. So no more taxol. I talked to a young woman in our women’s cancer center and like me, she had low CA125 just like I do, even though I have tumors in my liver. She thought it might be whatever is different about ours, both of us.it is a bit of a problem as most chemo doctors think that it means it is more normal, but if both of us have it with unusual cancer, and one of us is old, me,and the other one young and still working. So they often do not take it that seriously right now my CA125 or five weeks ago, it was 14. I get a petscan on Mondayso I will see what it looks like. I think I am somewhat resistant to drugs like carboplatin as It came back, we do not know exactly when but it could have been before 6 mos. And another similar drug did not work. No one has studied it so they do not know they have documented about 5 women with it. It means the word that it looks somewhat like cervical cancer but is not, whatever that implies. Anyway, clear cell , they say is somewhat resistant, so just as well I do not have that one..

March 26, 2024 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Umbria, Italy

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Clark Summit Pa