Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 13, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

None of my Dr's have ever mentioned that AF tumor maker past or present , that i recall but , I think that's because my Ca125 marker has always been reliable for me , when it doubles we are on alert , CT scans follow and we biopsie and go to the treatments. Does that make sense? my Ca125 just jumped from 108 to 226 in 4 weeks , just did mri , CT and biopsie the first week of January, it's on my liver now as well as peratoneum and stomach lining . But I will ask my Dr Friday for sure about it. I think I was a little confused about what Carol123 was saying.? Thank you Kathy 5 ❤️💙

January 16, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I see Carol123 ! Okay I understand better now . I pray your numbers stay low and continue to get NED 🙏

January 17, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have and still receive CA 125 and have seen my numbers go from mid 700's to currently 18. The huge improvement occurred after my total hysterectomy and follow-up chemo. My last cat scan of last week reflected no signs of cancer. My blood test last Friday contained the new report of a tumor marker. I have been researching and until it is 200 and above it should be monitored every 6 mos. My doctors are local to me is oncologist and my surgeon was a Gynecologist and Oncologist. I am starting targeted chemo next week in an effort to help repress new tumors. So far so good in doctors attempts to control this disease.

January 17, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

@A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member, from what I’ve been told, the CA 125 marker can be a good indicator for some people, but not everyone. My number dropped drastically with my first treatment and seemed to drop by half with each subsequent treatment. I finally stabilized at 21 and my oncologist said that was more than likely my baseline number. Others have stated that their number has stayed low, even when they had a recurrence that was visible on their scans. It is another example of how we all have cancer but respond differently to treatments. If your numbers are rising and your oncologist hasn’t mentioned it/doesn’t seem concerned, I would definitely ask about it.

January 16, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Carol2 let us know what you find out , cause you have OC ,I'm sorry in advance, is it in your now ? and is your Dr Gyno / Onco? Just curious. Are you going to get a CT scan soon ? Or have you already. I'm just wondering because I had egg sized tumor on my liver in 2019 , and now I have tumors spead to there again. Let us know dear . And hoping things are ok. Big Teal Hugs 🫂

January 16, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lebanon, OR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In