Answer Summary
Members rallied around someone facing rising tumor markers after seven years of managing ovarian cancer, urging them to get scans, discuss... Read more
Good morning! I only do CA125…. That’s my most consistent, reliable marker of my tumors are acting up. How often do you have your labs checked? Typically running? I am in agreement, time for a repeat CT scan, or PET scan, and see what’s happening. I don’t know if you’re doing current chemo right now, but obviously that is not working, so you need a new treatment. Take a deep breath, say some prayers, and I’ll add some for you, and see what you’re oncologist has about your numbers. where do you treat at? How long have you been treating? Many prayers for you, and, if possible, keep your emotions in check – as only the good Lord knows what is in store. Trust Him!!
If you’ve had your OC this long and have tried multiple treatment, (as me, 7 years-2 pill types and 4 infusion types.) the one I’m using now is Elahere. It is for folate receptive-alpha positive tumors. I had my first 3 eyeles and re scanned and labs. My labs dropped big,, my tumors almost in half… all 16 of them babies!!! Might be something to talk to your onc about… your tumor has to be tested if it’s positive or negative for the receptor. Just one more idea….❤️❤️❤️
Hi ldbarclay - Let's pray that not being able to handle treatment is not in the cards for you, and you can stay active for many, many more years.🙏🏻❤️
Dear Idbarclay,🌷
I’ve got your back too!
You certainly are an amazing Warrior beating colon and now at a young age of 81, you still have your armor on!
Sending strength + healing powers your way!
❤️ Kaye
You have a band of Teal Warriors on your side every minute and step of the way!