Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I talked to a nurse at the cancer center and she didn’t think it would be a problem to wait that long. Thanks for any insight you can offer!

December 19, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

That’s too long. I had mine flushed every 6 weeks to prevent infection and blood clotting. It’s been doing well.

December 28, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

4 weeks

January 5, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I went 6 weeks and when my port wouldn't flush and had to get Tpa. I made sure I went every 4 weeks when I was NED. That was the only time I experienced it. Back on my second round of chemo and will be going for chemo infusions every two weeks for
the next six months.

January 4, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

4 weeks

December 30, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you all for responding. Internet answers range from 4 to 16 weeks—confusing!

December 20, 2023

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In