Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 10, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared diverse experiences with Elahere for ovarian cancer treatment, with some describing it as life-changing after other... Read more

Members shared diverse experiences with Elahere for ovarian cancer treatment, with some describing it as life-changing after other chemotherapies failed, reporting dramatic CA-125 drops and even achieving NED status, while others faced challenges when the drug stopped working after several months or caused the treatment to be discontinued. Several members described managing side effects including neuropathy in hands and feet (treated with gabapentin, Cymbalta, lidocaine, or castor oil), vision changes requiring steroid and lubricating eye drops, fatigue, and in rare cases serious lung complications, with most agreeing the eye monitoring protocol was essential. A recurring theme was cautious hope balanced with realism, as members emphasized staying vigilant about CA-125 trends, advocating for treatment changes when numbers rise, celebrating wins while they last, and leaning on faith and determination to keep fighting this disease one infusion at a time.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Ok my scan just came back all clear!! I just found out today. I have had 8 ELAHERE infusions and was getting ready to tell him to take me off of it because my CA125 went up but he said that it wasn't the tumors that I had. They are gone. Lymph nodes are good now too. I will add that I started drinking Sour Sop tea 2 to 3 x daily and taking turkey tail mushrooms and Fenbendazole as well. I am in shock.

December 13, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I started Elahere and will have my fourth infusion next Friday then I think they plan a scan to see if the tumors are shrinking. So far my only side effects have been diarrhea and muscle and joint pain. Oxycodone takes care of the pain. It's the fifth type of chemo that I have been on and the only one that has worked. God sent me a miracle that I never asked for.
I know that there are other side effects but haven't read up on them. All I know is that my CA 125 went from almost 900 to 55.1 in three infusions. I have hope again for the first time in months.
I hope it works as well for you.
God Bless you and Dog Bliss you.

August 16, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Iโ€™m on Doxil right now and my oncologist told me eligible for Elahere if Doxil fails.
Donโ€™t know what to feel. Too much of a roller coaster ride for me.
All in Godโ€™s Hands ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

December 10, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I will have my 7th infusion next week. My only side effects are terrible neuropathy (feet/toes) which has increased since second line chemo, and extreme fatigue some days. I am currently NED and Ca125 is 13. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
I watch my 7month ond grandson 3 days a week, so that and groceries, chores contribute also!
I won't take Gabapentin or other neuropathy medd, but I do take a CBD gummy if I think I'll have trouble sleeping.

November 16, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have just had my 8th Elahere injection. No side effects except horrible nueropathy in fingers and toes. On Gabapentin and Cymbalta generic. Helps some by Lydocane is the way.
Other than that everything ok. Some eye blurriness.
Anyone else?

September 12, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Wichita Falls, TX