Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 5, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I couldn't take it. Allergic to it!

September 17, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Doxil was tough for me. Make SURE you hold frozen water bottles in your hands during a little before and during infusion and use cold therapy booties on your feet or at minimum put feet on a cooler pad (like for picnic coolers) and change often...keeps chemo away from hands and feet to help prevent neuropathy. Doxil caused hand/foot syndrome for me....burn like sensation for few days in feet and palms and soles of feet turned red. Legs were red from knee to ankle but no pain. Sadly some mouth sores too, but used salt water/baking soda rinses. Used magic mouthwash but SPARINGLY...ONLY SWISH FOR 2 SECONDS . I learned the hard way and felt like I could not breathe or swallow. (like too much novacaine at dentist) Usual fatigue......sadly Doxil did not work for me after all that !! Back to taxol. Became allergic to carboplatin after about 25 infusions of that too,

August 5, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Ask your doctor for a tube of lidocaine-prilocaine ointment. I am allergic to Doxil but have used the above for neuropathy pain and it does help!

November 1, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

had 3 and my hands and feet are burnt up, to the point i can't use my hands on steroids right now but not gonna take no more do my ct scan and see whats going on but no more doxil

September 23, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I just had my 4th of 6 treatments. They had to lower my dose because I ended up in the hospital with sepsis. My CA 125 has been dropping.

August 9, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Harwinton, CT

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Weymouth, MA