Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I don’t know if I wrote too much in my question. Any experience with pleural effusions? And catheters?

May 26, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you.

May 27, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had pleural effusion in each lung when I was first diagnosed. They never drained them though because it resolved after a couple chemotherapy treatments. Like Kathy5 said hopefully the ladies on here that had drains will respond to your question.
Hang in there.

May 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Had thorocentesis twice and need a third time now. a liter and a half of fluid with malignant cells removed each time. Immediate chemo weekly after that with taxol and carbo but became allergic to carboplatin even though I had it at least 25 times. Taxol did the trick!

August 6, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer with pleural effusion. Although they did not drain any fluid from my lungs to verify whether it was cancerous or not, it did completely resolve after my third chemo treatment. I could feel that it was getting better after the first treatment because it was easier to breathe, whereas before I had a wet cough. I do know that there are individuals on this site who have had to have their lungs drained pending surgery. Hopefully they will see your question and respond.

May 26, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Martinsville, WV