Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Scheduled for debulking surgery along with HIPEC in June.

May 23, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had hypec and debulking surgery in September. I had 6 rounds of platinum based chemo prior to surgery. I was stage 3C. I spent 1 1/2 days in intensive care and a total of 4 days in the hospital. I did not feel like I was ready to go home but the doctor wanted me out of the hospital for fever of the viruses that are in that environment. I had my ovaries, tubes, 29 lymph nodes, spleen, appendix, omentum and some tumors on my intestines removed. I had no complications and was golfing 7 weeks later. I am 69 and have always been active and ate healthy. I am now on 12 rounds of chemo for 6 months. Avaston, gemstar and carboplatin. I will then go to a chemo pill. I push myself and keep a positive spirit. I accept no pity and I make full use of every day that I feel good. I don’t know if I will beat this but I won’t let it stop me from living life!

November 19, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had my debulking/cytroreduction & HiPEC 3/29/23, it was a 12 hour surgery and they (2 different surgeons) feel it was very successful, NED. I was in the hospital for a week recovering, make sure to walk. I also had a bowel resection, so my recovery was a bit more intense and still is. I can’t really say I felt any reaction from the chemotherapy it self, too much other issues. The doctors were very pleased though with my recovery. It’s a long road, still can’t exercise to rebuild the pelvic floor yet. I wish you the best and do believe you will have a good outcome from having the HiPEC💚

May 31, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Short Walking is the best thing to build up stamina, get those bowels moving and healing. Wishing you the best healing. 🩵🙏🩵

September 10, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am day 7 post Total hysterectomy with HIPEC. While in, my surgeon removed gallbladder but overall reported it was successful operation. Operation was 6 1/2 hours. In ICU 2 day, all total in hospital 4 days. I'm home now. pain levels slowly subsiding to where I can slowly move around and walk. I still rely on binder. Appetite not so great. My follow up next Monday to hopefully see what next steps are and pathology results.

September 10, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you Billie for sharing your experience as well as your encouragement and well wishes. Time is drawing near, June 14 will be my surgery date. I count it as a blessing that I even qualify for surgery, when I was diagnosed my disease was so advanced they did not know if surgery would be an option for me. I am thankful that I have had a very good response to the chemo!

June 3, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, ON