Getting my port Friday morning to start a 2nd go at chemotherapy. But this time it'll be Carboplatin, Avastin and Doxil. So Teal Sisters, please share your experiences with Doxil. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
I had 6 rounds of carbo/doxil, never experienced any side effects, except some fatigue on days 4 & 5...
I am now on a "maintenance" chemo which is solely doxil, 1st dose was a couple of weeks ago, and I did experience some nausea/fstigue on the 4th & 5th day, but am now back to riding my horse, and feeling pretty darn good...
I have been getting Doxil with no major side effects.
Glad to hear most are not too bothered, as I am about to start doxil/carboplation for recurrence of one stupid small tumor. Taxol/carboplatin didn’t bother me at all, so I hav a positive outlook for this round!
I finished Doxil in January. I had terrible fatique and heartburn. Plus my blood sugar was OUT OF CONTROL. Also some mild intermittent nausea up to 3 weeks following the chemo. I did well I think. How are you feeling?
Jan, that’s great!