Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lancaster, NY

I just read a presentation about nutrition for cancer survivors. It was general information about all types of cancer. I was wondering if there are any nutrition recommendations specific to ovarian cancer survivors?

February 24, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you! I guess I am on the right tract then because that has been my main objective!

February 24, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

You might look into the book - The Metabolic Approach to Cancer by Nasha Winters and Jess Higgins Kelley. Nasha has survived ovarian cancer for over 20 years. Jess Higgins Kelley has practitioners that offer nutritional consultations. They recommend a ketogenic approach. There are a few different approaches I continue to find studies on - plant based/vegan, Keto/Paleo, and Mediterranean. There was a study done by Stanford that did not find much difference between the three in terms of outcome. There is simply not enough data, but one thing I keep hearing across both integrative and conventional physicians is to reduce or eliminate all refined sugars. Good luck finding what works for you.

February 24, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have been reading “Chris Wark” and “Jane McLelland”. 2 different authors. both were cancer patients . Both on Facebook I think.

February 25, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Minneapolis, MN