This may be a third chemo try for me. Feel well after surgery but my CA125 is climbing so I will need more chemo. Due for another CT Scan and labs late this month.
Hi Gailypaily, I will be getting a CT scan every 3 months.
Hi Glynn. Thank you for your response to my question. I will start the new chemo in February. CT Scan and labs around Jan 26 and oncology appointment January 30. Don't know if it will be just Gemzar. I am platinum resistant. Doxil was hard on me--skin lesions of many kinds and Avastin pushed my BP up and caused kidney issue--proteinuria. But I have to say, though it was tough, it was also effective. CT Scan showed shrinkage of tumor areas even though it was stopped before we thought it would have to be. It is not so difficult for many people and I am hoping you are one of those. Will let you know how my new med (s) go with me. None of this is easy but in so many ways I have been lucky--never nausea, never mouth sores, no pain. Fatigue persists but naps are good. And I walk and keep my social contacts and feel grateful for excellent medical care and caring team.
Hi! I was on Carbo + Gemzar for my last chemo prior to the treatments I’m getting now. My cancer came back, so I’m now getting Doxil + Avastin. Gemzar side effects weren’t bad. When are you starting it?
Me too as far as regular scans. Never had Gemzar.
Yes, the CA125 is definitely not always a reliable indicator. That’s why my oncologist wants me to get regular scans.