Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pittsburgh, PA

Has anyone come across this?: I had my laparoscopic surgery dec 13. The biopsy came back with a FIGO staging of 1A because no cancer was found anywhere in the region except the mass on the right ovary. However the CT scan with contrast (which was done a few days before surgery) detected two enlarged para-aortic lymph nodes which cannot be removed or biopsied because of where they are. As a result, my doctor has assigned me six chemo treatments three weeks apart. She said she was “baffled” that… read more

December 31, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Karen George, I found my Adeno-carcinoma in my para-aortic lymph node on my left side of my neck. It was very difficult to biopsy because of location also. After my scan and biopsy results it was determined to be ovarian cancer stage IV and very aggressive. My oncologist and Ear Nose and Throat specialist had different opinions on how to treat it. The ENT wanted radiation and my oncologist said only chemo and the cancer in my node would be gone by my second infusion and it was. It wasn’t removed during my debulking surgery and continues to give me no issues. It was the first time the word cured was mentioned as a possibility. I am in remission and off chem and maintenance drugs now for 9 months. I praise the Lord for my healing and giving me such great physicians and I pray you have a great outcome as well.

December 31, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Wow, Martha, that is great that they did not find cancer in the nodes. I am praying that this is true of mine too. Doctor said it is baffling because the enlarged nodes are on the opposite side of the tumor and she would have expected to see widespread cancer on my pelvis and there was none….no ascites, no cancer cells on any organ, no lymph node involvement in the pelvis….just these two enlarged nodes (one is under 1 CM and the other is 1.9 CM)

January 25, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had 3 rounds of chemo starting in September 2022 and surgery in December to remove 2 swollen lymph nodes, and a mass near the lymph nodes in my abdomen behind my appendix scar. My original diagnosis came from a biopsy of the lymph nodes and a small mass showing HGSC. The biggest lymph node was 7x6x4 cm and it reduced in size by 50% after the chemo. The tissue pathology showed no cancer in the lymph nodes, but there was "evidence of therapy changes." There "foamy histiocytes." Histiocytes are cells in your lymph system that clean up debris. They were full of debris, and no cancer found, so that means the lymph nodes were still large, but not cancerous at that point.

January 25, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I agree with Jodi, very wise!!! Chris Beat Cancer is a great resource. I am in the process of reading his book.

December 31, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi!
My last recurrence of ovarian cancer was 7 swollen lymph nodes, I originally had ovarian cancer in 2016. It's moving to new territory... They were hard to get to as well and I even looked into radiation and decided NO WAY. After doing 6 round of chemo below is the partial copy and pasted results from my CT scan a month ago~
*Note the swollen nodes were small in the first place, as far as I imagined, and had been growing a little, so they have shrunk as a result of the chemo. My oncologist says "it's the best news" and "will keep shrinking" (I am getting an Avastin treatment every 3 weeks). Yet to me, "disappeared" would be much better to hear, but I will take it. Anyway, here are the results:

"Lymphatics:
The enlarged retroperitoneal lymph node just left lateral of the bifurcation measures 0.8 cm in diameter, previously 1.7 cm in diameter (axial series 3 image 156).

Similarly there is redemonstration of multiple left-sided enlarged lymph nodes, all have decreased in size when compared with June 2022. "
(my CA 125 is 8)

Does this help? I don't know. I am not completely clear about nodes. Tumor. Nodes. Tumor. Nodes..UGGG!!! I know we have about 260 nodes in the body and they swell from infection so you need to build up your immunity in any way you can. Cancer of course is a real bummer, but I have learned to ask questions, listen, talk to others about their experiences and my own research. Try watching Chris Beat Cancer, he may be on YouTube, I still believe in chemo and my doctors but there is nothing wrong with adding other treatments that are not chemically based. My oncologist told me, "do and take what ever you want as long as it doest raise your blood pressure or hurt your kidneys" .

Take care~Keep us posted, I like learning about what other go through and their doctors perspectives.
~Jo

December 31, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston, MA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tampa, FL