Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY
7 days ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Omg. First off, thank you for caring Faye!🙏🏻.

I didn’t realize this became a post. I was “Dr. Googling” and “deathscrolling”after an unsettling call from my Oncologist out of fear.

I had a CT last week and the radiology report in my portal was very positive. Nodes shrinking, and a spot they were watching from last CT was gone. One small comment, “pericardial cyst of note, follow up next CT.”

I didn’t speak to anyone, but I was happy. Three days later, there is an addendum. “Pericardial cyst requires MRI follow up.

Five minutes later my onc calls me (she has NEVER called me) and tells me I need an MRI and possible PET and possible needle biopsy😱

I was shocked.

Again, Thank you Willow and Beloved Sam and Wildflower Warrior, Kaye and everyone who commented. This wasn’t supposed to be a post or a question. It was a gift to wake up and see your support on a post I never meant to make!

Carrie, thank you for chiming in. 🙏🏻

5 days ago (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had Thymoma in addition to ovarian cancer simultaneously.

7 days ago
MyOvarianCancerTeam

Are you asking whether ovarian cancer can spread to the mediastinum (the area in the chest between the lungs)?

While it's not the most common place for ovarian cancer to spread, it can happen in advanced stages. Ovarian cancer most commonly spreads within the abdominal and pelvic area first, but in later stages it can reach Show Full Answer

Are you asking whether ovarian cancer can spread to the mediastinum (the area in the chest between the lungs)?

While it's not the most common place for ovarian cancer to spread, it can happen in advanced stages. Ovarian cancer most commonly spreads within the abdominal and pelvic area first, but in later stages it can reach more distant parts of the body. The more common distant spread sites include:

- Liver
- Lungs (including fluid around the lungs)
- Intestines
- Omentum (fatty tissue covering abdominal organs)
- Distant lymph nodes

The mediastinum contains lymph nodes, and ovarian cancer can occasionally spread to lymph nodes outside the abdomen, which could include that region.

It's really important to discuss any concerns about spread with your oncologist, who can use imaging like a CT scan or MRI to get a clearer picture of what's happening. They'll be best placed to guide next steps in treatment.

7 days ago
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Update…I had an MRI yesterday. The lump near my heart is a congenital cyst. Benign.

“Dr. AI Google”said that if it was OC that had moved to the heart, life expectancy was up to 6 months.

Btw, cysts near the heart are not uncommon if they are congenital. Most people find them from an unrelated scan. They get bigger and smaller and are usually no cause for concern.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support. In this moment, nothing on the CT or MRI.

One of the benefits of being in NYC is that they read my MRI in 3 hours. My onc called me while I was walking passed the TKTS booth in Time Square. Soooo, I got a ticket for a show.

It was so much fun. Crass, novel and interactive. Just like me!!

20 hours ago (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Julie 😘 Did something show up on CT scan in your Mediastinum? Was it biopsied? Please, elaborate. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, sister!! You are tough as a nail! 🤩💪🏼🤩

6 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Martinsville, WV

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Minneapolis, MN