My ca125 number was 1,200 initially, I completed chemo and now am taking Limparza a parp inhibitor and was told by the doctor that even without surgery my ca125 was reduced down to the normal range. It never has fluctuated before, it went on a steady decline until now it has gone up 3. How much of a reliable indicator is this number?
My CA125 never went over the 90s. When it went from the teens after surgery and chemo up to 34 I panicked and had another CT scan which showed cancer returned to the fluid around my left lung. Everyones CA125 is different. You have to know your own body.
Glynn is correct ask your doc. But remember the test is also an indicator of inflammation so if you have an infection or even a toothache or arthritis flare it can cause the number to rise!
I think you need to ask your Dr this question.