Answer Summary
Members shared their experiences with elevated CA-125 levels after treatment and surgery, with many describing how their numbers initially... Read more
My CA-125, after 6 rds chemo and surgery and 2 chemo rds after surgery my CA-125, was at 4. That was Dec 2021. I was in remission until September 2022, when my CA-125 went to 10. I had a CT scan and it was clear! In December 2022, at my quarterly my CA-125 went to 103, my CT scan the next day showed it had returned and it was in my spleen. Treatment to started Jan 3, 2023, by the time I had my treatment my CT-125 was over 300. My Dr told me I’m sensitive to this testing and that’s a good thing. Numbers are dropping and I have 4 treatments left @ which time they’ll do another PET scan. I would push for either scan. Positive vibes coming your way!
Agree ladies. I knew I had a recurrence when my CA-125 slowly began climbing from 4 to 26 over a 6 month period. I started to feel bloated as well. I called my oncologist and told him I just knew it was back. He ordered a CT scan, and yep, there it was. Had more chemo in second half of 2020 and have successfully been on the PARP inhibitor, Zejula (100 mg) for 1 year. Yes, I have side effects from that, gastro and sleep problems, but fortunately my platelets are normal. Life goes on! 🙏
My sister's never went down. Always over 300. After finishing chemo jumped up a nd sure enough, had a reoccurance. The doctor stalled on getting a CT scan. Push to get it checked out!!!
Keep on, keeping on Dawn. You got this. I hope those numbers start to plummet 🤗
Kick that can er to the curb ☺️
CA-125 was 17,331 at diagnosis. After three rounds of chem was done to 65. Had surgery and the number went up to 211 after the surgery. After two more rounds of chemo it’s down to 55. I have one more round of chemo and possibly more if the CT scan and numbers are not where they need to be. I am forever grateful and thankful for my Dr and family. We are strong and can continue to fight whatever the outcome.