Just had my first dose of Doxil and two days later had redness and burning on soles of feet. No blisters. I iced and applied udder balm and it helped. My hands are okay right now. Do these side effects lessen or go away during the 28 days between treatments or are they always there? Any info is appreciated.
Answer Summary
Members shared their experiences with hand and foot side effects from Doxil, with many reporting that symptoms remained constant or worsened... Read more
You need to use urea 40% cream twice a day hands and soles and heels and between toes
get the cream and yes let you care team know. And it is possible for it to remain and worsen. keep note of it.
When i did the doxil i had a red painful rash all over the trunk of my body, upper torso, I ended up loosing layers of skin and using lotions and eventually steroidal cream. I could not wear anything but a night shirt for 4 days. I also have what looks like a red rash on my fee t that also burned. It still has not gone away. I broke out in what looked like scratches on parts of my body as well, painful also. I was supposed to do 6 rounds. I stopped at i believe 4. When I talked to my new obgyn/oncologist he said it was toxicity. I am now doing carboplatin and gemzar. Havent started yet. hope to soon.
I was on Doxorubicin for a year with progressive skin effects. I used ice boots during administration and for 1-2 days at home afterwards. My main problem was skin sensitivity. ANY rubbing was painful. At the end I wore sundresses instead of slacks and went commando. Good, non perfumed, creams and talcum powder were essential. Be vigilant. Whenever an irritated area occurs address it. Good luck. 🙏💕
You're supposed to put a special cream on your feet and hands twice a day. So far no issues with hands or feet. Look it up or ask your doctor or the infusion nurse. It's called urea.40%. You can get it at Amazon and Walmart. Put on hands and soles of feet and heels and in-between toes twice a day throughout treatment.