Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fort Wayne, IN

I have been on Carboplatin & Taxol, Carboplatin & Doxel, Avastin, Topotecan, Gemzar, and now Carboplatin & Taxol. Am being encouraged to go on Zejula. Is it worth it? I feel reasonably good now, mainly get tired.

August 10, 2022 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

KimB,
I was told that is what the studies from the manufacturer has indicated. Most of the other PARP inhibitors are 2 years but Zejula is 3.

April 24, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

@A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member I don't know the reasoning, but my doctor also says 3 years for Zejula... So I have one year to go.

April 22, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

It’s good to try a PARP inhibitor as long as you can get it for free. Some women have success with these drugs. I tried Lynparza but my cancer came back anyway, so I’m glad I didn’t spend any money on it.

August 10, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Only if you're BRCA positive. Didn't work for me because I'm negative. Lots of pain for nothing. I was on Lynparza which is similar to Zejula.

June 28, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

It is worth it because it’s designed to keep the cancer from coming back.

June 4, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Schenectady, NY