Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Harwinton, CT
April 10, 2022
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their varied experiences with Doxil for ovarian cancer recurrence, with some finding it helpful when combined with carboplatin... Read more

Members shared their varied experiences with Doxil for ovarian cancer recurrence, with some finding it helpful when combined with carboplatin or Avastin, while others faced significant side effects including severe mouth sores, hand-foot syndrome (darkened and painful hands and feet), skin rashes, breathlessness, nausea, and vomiting that sometimes required dose reductions or treatment changes. Several members described practical coping strategies such as using ointments for rashes, switching to gentler exercise like yoga, exploring clinical trials, and adding supportive medications, with many emphasizing the importance of keeping their oncology teams informed about side effects. A recurring theme was the unpredictable nature of treatment response, with remission periods ranging from a few months to over a year, and members offering each other solidarity, encouragement, and the reminder that everyone's cancer journey is different.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I used it and liked it a whole lot better than Taxol. I felt a lot better plus I never lost my hair with it. I also took Fenben with it and TUDCA for liver support. No problem's what so ever. My scans are great!! I am so glad I found out about the Joe Tippens protocol. I attacked the stem cells which the chemotherapy can't do. Better to stay on it for the long haul. I also called the Care Oncology Clinic aka the C.O.C. I use their off label drugs to keep cancer from feeding. The C.O.C. have a Facebook page. I learned all this from reading Jane McLelland's book "How to Starve Cancer". She has a online course if you want to spend a hundred bucks but its so worth it!

February 14, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Nicola, all of us with OC have a chronic disease. Not curable; we just have to manage it in whatever way works best - chemo or maintenance drugs or whatever. It ain’t no fun!

November 2, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’m currently on doxil and carboplatin. They used carbo instead of avastin because I had 2 years of remission with the carbo. Wednesday is #5 of 6. My liver tumor is gone, the areas in my left abdomen are slightly smaller, no new areas. My last tax is end of March with ct scan mid-April then will see how things look and what treatment plan is next. Zejula wasn’t tolerated, I’m BRCA negative, and my MD Anderson requested some tumor from my initial oncologist, for molecular, etc testing. Feeling positive- Faith over Fear….

February 27, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had Doxil and carbo for my first reoccurrence. Had a 6 month course. Had my head in the toilet some. Remission only about 7 months. Liver Mets. Now on almost a year of Avastin.

March 27, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Never had doxil. Just had the same chemo that I had for my original ovarian cancer.

February 18, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
South Boardman, MI