Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

I just had blood work done and my antigen levels and enzyme levels are sky high. I have no idea what that means. I’m being referred to an oncologist because I’m now living in a different state. My family doctor seems concerned. My CA125 has been fantastic since my surgery.

March 14, 2022
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with ovarian cancer recurrence after someone expressed concern about elevated antigen and enzyme levels, with... Read more

Members shared their experiences with ovarian cancer recurrence after someone expressed concern about elevated antigen and enzyme levels, with timelines ranging from just three months to five years after initial treatment, emphasizing that recurrence is unfortunately common with this disease. Several members described their current treatment approaches, including Doxil, Avastin, Keytruda, Lynparza, and a newer targeted antibody called Elahere, while stressing the importance of monitoring CA-125 levels closely and working with a specialized gynecologic oncologist who understands recurrent ovarian cancer. A recurring theme was the emotional weight of living with an aggressive disease that often returns, balanced by a determination to keep fighting, stay informed about new treatments, and find moments of joy despite the challenges.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have pretty much given up on worrying about recurrence. I just finished chemo for second recurrence so the worry was just a waste of time. Putting my efforts into handling whatever comes and enjoying my life! Hope all my teal sisters have a fabulous happy, healthy New Year!

December 31, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Most of us have had recurrences. That's the nature of ovarian cancer.

March 21, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I've had 3 recurrences. I just put faith in my team and keep up on the latest research myself.

March 19, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

So true. Better to ask has anyone NOT had a recurrence.

January 2, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’m experiencing my first reoccurrence after 3 years of NED. I will start Chemo in September. My CA 125 went from 14 to 57. It has not metastasized to any of my organs. It’s still very tiny, but my Oncologist wants to go ahead and zap it with chemo.

August 16, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In