Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ohio City, CO

I’ve recently been found to be platinum resistant so I was moved to a new chemo regime of doxil and avastin. My first treatment today it was discovered that I am allergic to doxil. We feared this might happen as I’m also allergic to taxol. I had asked my doctor when I saw her yesterday what was the back up plan of I did turn out to be allergic? She said “clinical trials”. I’m just curious…..why is doxcil the only drug that she’s willing to give me with avastin? Is anyone else taking other drugs… read more

October 15, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Miriam, I agree you should get a 2nd opinion if you haven’t. Check into PARP inhibitors like Zejula. Go to Mayo clinic.com or webmd.com. Actually, Yahoo explains what they are.

November 27, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

That is what I have been taking no bad side effects and am now in remission

July 15, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Yes, get a second opinion.

December 14, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I started on platinum/taxol for 6 rounds, had surgery, then 2 more rounds followed by addition of Avastin to drug regime with expectation I would go on maintenance with just Avastin. Was diagnosed platinum resistance. Started new protocol Doxorubicin/ Avastin for 10 rounds on 28 day cycle. Avastin has been on hold for 7 weeks due to protein in urine so most likely will not be resumed. My tumor genetic studies identified 2 other possible drugs, Keytruda and Zejula which could be used as a 3rd protocol.
I hope your cancer cells were sent for genetic analysis to identify drugs which could be used against your cancer cells. There are options available depending on the susceptibility of your tumor cells
Good luck 🙏💕

October 15, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My oncologist also mentioned PARP inhibitors as a treatment after immunotherapy. Please check into it!

January 24, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Irvine, CA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Weymouth, MA