I’ve recently been found to be platinum resistant so I was moved to a new chemo regime of doxil and avastin. My first treatment today it was discovered that I am allergic to doxil. We feared this might happen as I’m also allergic to taxol. I had asked my doctor when I saw her yesterday what was the back up plan of I did turn out to be allergic? She said “clinical trials”. I’m just curious…..why is doxcil the only drug that she’s willing to give me with avastin? Is anyone else taking other drugs… read more
Miriam, I agree you should get a 2nd opinion if you haven’t. Check into PARP inhibitors like Zejula. Go to Mayo clinic.com or webmd.com. Actually, Yahoo explains what they are.
That is what I have been taking no bad side effects and am now in remission
Yes, get a second opinion.
I started on platinum/taxol for 6 rounds, had surgery, then 2 more rounds followed by addition of Avastin to drug regime with expectation I would go on maintenance with just Avastin. Was diagnosed platinum resistance. Started new protocol Doxorubicin/ Avastin for 10 rounds on 28 day cycle. Avastin has been on hold for 7 weeks due to protein in urine so most likely will not be resumed. My tumor genetic studies identified 2 other possible drugs, Keytruda and Zejula which could be used as a 3rd protocol.
I hope your cancer cells were sent for genetic analysis to identify drugs which could be used against your cancer cells. There are options available depending on the susceptibility of your tumor cells
Good luck 🙏💕
My oncologist also mentioned PARP inhibitors as a treatment after immunotherapy. Please check into it!