Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sarasota, FL
June 8, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I qualified for immunotherapy when the chemo stopped working on my stage IV ovarian cancer. I have been on Keytruda for 11 months with no side effects. I get a CT every 12 weeks and see my gyn onc after the CT. I am very happy on Keytruda: I feel great, my hair has grown back, I have good energy and can walk a brisk two miles every day and swim 1000 yards. I was originally told I could take Keytruda for two years, but I now know people who have been on it longer than that. I do not know what the future holds for me, but so far Keytruda has been a life saver.

September 23, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

So glad to hear this!!! I'm having a PET scan today - have had 3 infusions of Keytruda. So I'm hoping to see improvement or at lease stability!

October 7, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I don’t think that immunotherapy is available as I am enrolled in a trial for that. Diagnosed 3C end of sept 2020. So far doing good but I don’t know if I am getting the study drug or not. The drug is dostarlimab. So for now on maintenance getting avastin and study drug/placebo every 6 weeks. Getting avastin every 3 weeks and started niraparib in April.

June 9, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I started immunotherapy with Keytruda in January of 2022. I’ve gotten treatments every 3 weeks & CT scans every 3 months for the past year. I have Lynch Syndrome, a gene mutation that increases the odds of getting Ovarian & other cancers. The treatments have helped shrink my cancer, and occasional diarrhea was my only real side effect. I am scheduled to have debulking surgery on 2/13, so my treatments have been put on hold for a bit. The plan is for me to continue treatments after I recover from surgery. I hope this helps❣️

February 4, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

DonnaY, that’s true for many types, but if you have the specific gene mutations that can qualify for Keytruda, it can be helpful, which is my case, so far.

December 13, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
La Habra, CA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Irvine, CA