I just started Elahere on July 28 and ca 125 was 928 before cycle 1 and ca 125 increased before cycle 2 to 1390 which was weird never had that before! Going into cycle 3 my numbers came down to 881 but nervous because had choice to stay or lower dose a little cause of eye issues started and neuropathy and wasn’t extreme hoping I made right call as I need this drug to continue to drop kill my cancer
Dear Lisa, you are correct. See the reduced info below:
Yes, Elahere (mirvetuximab soravtansine-gynx1) is expected to continue to be effective after a dose reduction.
Clinical trials, including the pivotal Phase 3 MIRASOL trial, specifically analyzed patients who required dose adjustments. Investigators found that dose modifications and reductions did not compromise the drug's anti-cancer efficacy. Patients who had their doses lowered achieved clinical benefits—such as progression-free survival and overall survival—similar to those who remained on the full starting dose.
Understanding the Dose Drop
• Standard Medical Protocol: Lowering the dose from 350 mg to 290 mg aligns perfectly with the standard safety guidelines. Elahere is dosed based on adjusted ideal body weight, starting at 6 mg/kg, with scheduled step-downs to 5 mg/kg and 4 mg/kg if needed.
• Managing Side Effects: Roughly 33% of patients in clinical studies required a dose reduction. This is the primary clinical strategy used to manage side effects, most notably ocular issues (like blurred vision or dry eyes) and peripheral neuropathy (numbness or tingling), allowing you to stay on the therapy safely.
Hope this helps a little bit.
Hugs, Kaye🥰
I spoke to oncologist and said slot people reduce dose I’m worried early on and just nervous won’t work now
Elahere (mirvetuximab soravtansine-gynx) is a targeted therapy approved for platinum-resistant ovarian cancer with high folate receptor alpha (FR-alpha) levels, typically after one to three prior treatments. It's given by IV infusion every three weeks.
Like many treatments, dose adjustments are sometimes needed to manage Show Full Answer