I am stage 3 of OC carcinoma sarcoma and scared to death at this moment. I have had debulking surgery - gyn onc removed my appendix, complete hysterectomy, found in colon, intestines, stomach, pelvic washing, and bowel resection. I’ve had 2 rounds of chemo which made me very tired, no appetite, depressed and hopeless. Chemo was carbol/taxol. This third time they are adding bevocynamab (sp).
Anyone here with pre-existing severe depression and anxiety? Anyone have experience with bevocynabab… read more
I can also relate to the depression. It’s been really bad at times during my cancer, but my family encourages me to continue to find ways to live a full life as much as possible. When we first found the OC, everything moved so fast into testing, surgery, recovery and chemo that I really didn’t have time for much of a reaction. Now that I’m finished with 3 sessions of chemo, I’ve had time to think about what just happened to my life. It’s definitely turned my life upside down, and I’m still trying to see the positive in all this.
Yes, I can relate to depression. It was severe. During cancer I have been surrounded by loved ones and this has helped. I hope you find a way to be content with your situation. “What you resist-will persist “
I have been on Mvasi ( same drug ) since February 2026 every 3 weeks. No side effects. Just a little skin rash this week but not concerning.
YOU GOT THIS !!!😉
I take anxiety meds as needed. I take Clonopin for indecision and overwhelm and Xanax for sudden shock. I take a mood stabilizer plus sleeping meds. I’m weaning off two antidepressants one at a time with supervision as I don’t think they are working.
For professional support I talk to my Rabbi and a therapist. My brother is very supportive and I have a village of close friends.
Mine is ovarian carcinoma sarcoma 3C predominantly carcinoma so chemo is Bev, carb and taxol. 6 treatments 3 weeks apart. Last treatment 11-8 which weirdly enough is the date my first husband died in 92 when the kids were 2 and 6.
What does 3C mean anyway?
Hi Char,
I too have ovarian cancer sarcoma carcinoma, I had a mixed mullerian tumour. Not sure if you had that as well.
I’m stage 3A and I’ve been surviving and thriving since my last chemo at December 2022.
It’s easy to get depressed. I went on medication a month after chemo as my anxiety was through the roof. My medication helped a lot. I also took a Cognitive behaviour therapy course. So helpful!!
Not sure if you’re open to these ideas but it helped me.
Sending you a big hug😀
Shannon