I have clear cell also. Before surgery I was 75. Adter I was 40. After my first chemo it was 10. For the next four it went from 7 to 6 to 7 to 6. One year post surgery and 9 months post chemo I’m 4.6.
August 18
I will trade with you! 🤣🩵🩵🩵
August 22
It's completely understandable to feel anxious about CA-125 numbers — many people with ovarian cancer feel the same way. The good news is that a CA-125 under 10 is well within the normal range, which is generally considered to be under 35 units per milliliter.
CA-125 doesn't typically drop to zero. Most healthy people Show Full Answer
It's completely understandable to feel anxious about CA-125 numbers — many people with ovarian cancer feel the same way. The good news is that a CA-125 under 10 is well within the normal range, which is generally considered to be under 35 units per milliliter.
CA-125 doesn't typically drop to zero. Most healthy people naturally have some level of this protein in their blood, so a low number like yours is actually a really positive sign. You're right to be aware that CA-125 isn't always a reliable marker for clear cell ovarian cancer. This type doesn't always produce elevated CA-125, which means the test can be less informative. A small fluctuation between chemo rounds doesn't necessarily signal something alarming.
Here's what CA-125 monitoring is generally used for:
- Checking if treatment is working (falling levels are a good sign)
- Detecting possible recurrence after remission
- Helping guide treatment decisions alongside other tests
A slight rise between rounds is worth mentioning to your oncologist, but it's important to look at the overall trend rather than individual readings. Your care team will likely use other tests alongside CA-125 to get a fuller picture.
August 18