Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oceanside, NY
August 14
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’m going on round 13 of Elahere this week. My hair is short and I do not color (since it came back from 7 years ago with taxol). My hair got a bit wavy initially, now the waves have quit and it’s actually getting thicker. I will say now I have to shave my legs again, and the hair on my arms is back, more than before…. But I don’t look like an ape! Breathe through this chemo, girl… some fatigue-beware the neuropathy in hands/feet!! Prayers!!!

August 23
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

That's a lie. You are doing 6 rounds of chemo correct? For 8 hrs? It's very hard on your body. I lost my hair everywhere by the time I did my 3rd round. Everything and I mean everything was gone brows eyelashes everything. Look at it this way you won't have to shave for about 6 months after your treatment ends. Chin up just make sure you take those meds before your treatment. Antihistamines works wonders. Good luck I ended up gaining 40lbs from chemo.

August 14
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Sorry ksren64 typos lol

August 24
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Karen 64,
I just finished cycle 2 of elahere and so stressed my ca 135 was 928 prior to cycle 1 and it went up prior to cycle yo slot 1390 idk if it’s working did ur numbers drop in first cycle I really hope they can control this and it works

August 24
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have not been on Elahere however, I have done some research as I have been told that my tumor bio it is something will likely be effective. I do not think that by itself you will have the kind of hair loss Taxol causes. That said color is strong chemical and I would wonder if the scalp would be really irritated. I would ask the oncologist or nurse navigator for recommendation. Prayers treatment is effective and you have no serious side effects.

August 23

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bonita Springs, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In