I didn't get Toxol on my first round because I was being screened for a study and, if I qualified, I couldn't have it in my system. The only side effect was lots of fatigue for several days.
On the second round 4 days ago, I got both carboplatin and Toxol, and I've had NO side effects, which seems weird. Is that normal?
Thanks,
Barbara N.
For me, day 5 after chemo was the one where I felt fatigue and/or muscle/joint pain. And the earlier rounds of chemo were easier than later on, when the effects become cumulative. I never had nausea. Take the win!!
That’s excellent news!!!!!!!! So happy for you!
I had the tiredness and joint/bone pain on day three after the combo but each round got easier for me and less of an issue. I never had any stomach issues. I was shocked because I have a super weak stomach normally.
What a great question — and honestly, no side effects sounds like a win! Not experiencing side effects doesn't mean the treatment isn't working. Everyone's body responds differently to chemotherapy, and some people simply tolerate it better than others.
With carboplatin and paclitaxel (Taxol), common side effects can Show Full Answer
I haven't had much in the way of side effects either. I had my 1st infusion 3 weeks ago and go again in 2 days for round 2. So far I'm only experiencing hair loss and mouth sores. The way my chemo nurse explained it to me is that if they don't have something to prevent the various side effects, they have meds that will make them tolerable. Thank goodness!