Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Irvine, CA
July 21
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi there Annie,
I was trying to find out what causes this condition even though you are on chemo.
Here’s some information: Nutritional Deficiencies: Low levels of iron (anemia) or vitamins like biotin (B7) directly degrade nail strength. I entered your exact adjectives like peeling and crumbling. Chemo really does a number on us.
Here’s some tips: Hydrate the nail plates: Apply a thick hand cream, petroleum jelly, or cuticle oil containing jojoba oil directly to the nails multiple times a day.

🥰 Hugs, Kaye

August 15
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am taking the oral cytoxin and take it daily along with Avastin every three weeks. And if the prescription means anything, I have 11 refills! Only side effect so far is my fingernails are shot. They are peeling and crumbling before my eyes.

August 13
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was on cytoxin once every 3 weeks for 6 sessions without dose reduction.

August 1
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you. I did think of another question for you - how long were you on cytoxin?

July 24
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Annie, PERRRRFECT with Avastin! In my humble opinion, whoever chose your concoction is smart! Keep me informed and if you run into issues, just text me or send rktmom1977 at gmail dot com.
Xxoo🥰. Kaye

July 24

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In