Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 1
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you both that is very helpful. Unfortunately there is such a wide difference in how this cancer acts in everyone’s body. No true way to really tell if it’s reoccurring. My CA125 has been hovering around 9 and 10. Then went to 16 and now 40. I will recheck it at the end of the month. Since my scan showed no new evidence or progression I can relax a bit. Thanks for your responses. 💗

July 2
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

That must be so frustrating. Prayers for a positive outcome ❤️

July 2
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

This is spot on! The only difference is I go every month because I'm on maintenance drugs When I start with reoccurrence it'll jump and then the next month it'll be a couple more.. this is what happened with me. Every time I went in it was up just a little bit more until it hit 22 and they decided to do a CT scan again because they had done one 6 months prior and it was showing nothing. So over that 6 months it just continued to climb. Now they know my body and they react sooner.

July 2
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Elaine, I wanted to share with you what I’ve learned!🩵 One single jump in your CA 125 could be attributed to many things, so I wouldn’t worry very much w/one elevated result.
It’s when you get several upticks in a row, (looking at the number’s TREND, as the AI answer said), it’s time to explore a scan or other testing measures.

What I learned is that three sequential upticks in your CA 125 number, (whether it is under 34 or not) can predict a recurrence within 3 to 6 months. That certainly isn’t carved in stone, but I think it’s probably a significant finding.
I am recurring now, with evidence of that my most recent CT scan this month. I want to share with you the last one year trend in my CA125 (taken every 3 months for surveillance) just for interests sake. My normal CA 125 is 6.
8/16/25—6. 11/14/25—9. 2/12/26—12. 4/30/26—21. 6/12/26—28
And although my CA125 is still under 34, I will be starting treatment again soon… As Deb mentioned she has had recurrences with her ca125 at 13.
I hope this is helpful! And that your next blood draw shows your CA 125 right back down to normal!

July 1
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had a rising ca125 years ago I was pretty sure that I was having reoccurrence. By the time it reached 22, it was in my lungs. Typically when I have reoccurrence my ca125 is around 13. It's interesting how everybody is different. Fortunately I haven't had reoccurrence for 5 years now. I take Rubracca. It has been a game changer for me ☺️

July 1 (edited)

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Santa Maria, CA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
West Branch, MI