Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sherman, TX
May 31
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members came together to support those newly diagnosed with clear cell carcinoma, sharing personal experiences ranging from Stage 1 to Stage... Read more

Members came together to support those newly diagnosed with clear cell carcinoma, sharing personal experiences ranging from Stage 1 to Stage 1c3 and offering encouragement through treatment. Several members shared practical chemo tips, including icing hands and feet with Suzzy Pads to help prevent nerve damage, managing nausea with doctor-provided medications, asking for sleep aids to counter steroid-related insomnia, and always reporting side effects to your medical team. A recurring theme was that every person reacts differently to chemo, but staying proactive, leaning on loved ones for support, and finishing treatment gives the best chance at clear scans.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Another side effect is fatigue. First 2 were ok, the third one brought more fatigue. I work a little but have noticed some days I just want to sleep.

June 3
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Buy many Suzzy Pads, you need to cha ge them every 20 - 25 minutes and they will not freeze easily again (check if they have a freezer where you will do the chemo) . Have your husband / friend/ family come with you and take care of the logistics for the suzzy pads. It takes a lot of work, my husband is tired at the end ! He needs to change both feet and hands every 20 - 25 minutes , by the time he is done, 10 minutea are left.

June 3
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Everyone apparently reacts differently. What the doctor told me ans I have found it to be true , side effects intensify with evwry treatment due the cumulative effect. I did the cold cap and lost 90% of my hair anyway ( I have small curls and a lot of hair so they told me it might not work). One thing I highly recommend : ice your hands and feet. The damage done to the nerves can be permanent. Icing prevents it. My husband bought Suzzy Pads on Amazon and he changes them every 25 minutes while I am doing chemo .

June 3
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hoping your treatment is a success and that you tolerate chemotherapy well.

June 3
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi @A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member, MLA is mesophrenic like adenocarcinoma, a very rare tumor. In February my obgyn found a mass in my ovary, I had surgery beginning of March and pathology report came back saying I had a mixed rumor (clear cell + MLA). I now am NED. I had 3 rounds of chemo, I need to do other 3 rounds.

June 3

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sherman, TX