❤️
When my mom was diagnosed, I went to my OBC and had all my markers tested and everything was normal, everything they've tested has been normal, I mean low numbers normal. It just seems odd that nothing shows high. Frustrating.
In staying positive, I've decided to name it Grim Hasbeen, short for grimblin and hasbeen, for beating it.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes Deanna - We can speak to our oncology team about maybe in addition to the CA-125 maybe a Signatera blood test or HE-4 blood test since they are both used in testing for ovarian cancers.
Thank you. It's sad, since so many decisions are made on those markers. Only until other signs appear are more reliable tests done. But, I am a person that ignores many signs, so I can't really blame the medical professionals. We all need to advocate for ourselves, even if it seems like we are being whiny or it's insignificant. We all need to spread the word for all our loved ones and friends to do the same. Perhaps, someone's life will be saved from surgery, chemo and or radiation.
Yes, sometimes the CA-125 is an unreliable marker for some people. My CA-125 was never above the >35 measure, and yet cancer was present.