Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 3
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Janice, my cancer was Primary Peritoneal Cancer and it had spread to my omentum. I also had some ascites. I had 3 cycles of chemo, Carboplatin and Paclitaxel, then debulking surgery followed by 3 more chemo cycles. The debulking surgery is usually a full hysterectomy (if you haven’t already had one) and the removal of the omentum. They do a “sweep” around to remove any signs of cancer that may be there. I managed well with my first lot of chemo except for the nausea which was really bad for several days after chemo. I was in remission for 16 months before the cancer returned and I was put back on the same chemo. As I am in the UK the regime may be slightly different for you. I have been in remission again since September/October 2025. I hope this helps you.

May 3
MyOvarianCancerTeam

It sounds like the cancer has spread to the omentum — the fatty layer that cushions your abdominal organs. When doctors say they'll be "aggressive," they typically mean a combination of surgery and chemotherapy to tackle it head-on. That can feel overwhelming, but knowing what to expect can help.

Here's what aggressive Show Full Answer

It sounds like the cancer has spread to the omentum — the fatty layer that cushions your abdominal organs. When doctors say they'll be "aggressive," they typically mean a combination of surgery and chemotherapy to tackle it head-on. That can feel overwhelming, but knowing what to expect can help.

Here's what aggressive treatment often involves:

- Surgery (debulking): The goal is to remove as much of the tumor as possible, including affected tissue from the omentum and nearby organs
- Chemotherapy: Usually follows surgery to target any remaining cancer cells
- Possible side effects to prepare for:
- Fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting, or other digestive issues
- Bloating or abdominal discomfort
- Sleep difficulties
- Emotional and mental health challenges

The good news is there are ways to manage many of these side effects. Small, frequent meals, staying hydrated, gentle exercise, and good sleep habits can all make a real difference day to day.

It's also completely normal to feel scared or overwhelmed right now. Asking your care team for a referral to a counselor or therapist can be a really valuable support alongside your physical treatment.

You don't have to figure all of this out at once — take it one step at a time. 💙

May 3
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Unfortunately my second lot of chemo, same drugs, I did not do well. I had to stop after round 4 as I was so unwell. However when I had my CT scan I was NED! My oncologist said he had never seen that result before. This was short lived as in May I was told I was going to need another CT and more chemo. I told my oncologist that whatever he said I was going on holiday on 29 June for a week! We are now in Turkey where it is exceptionally hot! When we return home I will see the oncologist for my CT results, done before going on holiday, and my CA125 results and find out if I am having chemo once a week or 3-weekly. He also suggested I may have to have a port. As this is my third round of chemo I am being more proactive about my results and what happens to my body! I have no pain, other than from my arthritis, and I am feeling good.

July 3
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you for sharing. Did you make it thru chemo well? Whare are you in your journey now?

May 4
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Lexiaden before each chemo I had to take a “big” dose of steroids and anti sickness pills the night before. They also gave me anti allergy via drip before the chemo went through.

May 3

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cypress, TX