Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Ovarian/Fallopian Tube cancer 3C, BRCA1 somatic and HRD+
Debulking, successful frontline chemo (avastin, carbo, paxitaxol) 24 mths of avastin almost 3 yrs completed on PARP.
Signatera test and now biopsy came back positive

April 15
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone in SoCal facing a possible first recurrence of ovarian/fallopian tube cancer and seeking a second opinion, with... Read more

Members rallied around someone in SoCal facing a possible first recurrence of ovarian/fallopian tube cancer and seeking a second opinion, with several recommending City of Hope in Irvine, UCLA, UCI, MD Anderson, Mayo Clinic, and Cleveland Clinic as strong options. A recurring theme was the importance of self-advocacy, with members suggesting researching hospitals based on available clinical trials for their specific cancer type to build a care relationship. Members also offered warm encouragement and practical tips for managing symptoms like nausea and bloating, including ginger chews, Zofran, and aromatherapy inhalers.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Cheri GasX helps a lot - it did for me. Nausea: Ginger Tea, Prince of Peace Ginger Chews(Amazon), Emetrol (OTC), Seagrams Ginger Ale (only one w/real ginger in it), Urban Relief Chemo Relief Nausea & Side Effects Aromatherapy nasal inhaler(Amazon). Hope these suggestions help you!

April 24
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’m so sorry that you relapsed. It’s just friggin’ cruel. Good news, there are new treatments in the pipeline. And, new treatments in just the past 6 months,

I attached a list of hospitals via Google. I would look up and see which hospitals have the best clinical trials for your type of cancer. This way, you establish a relationship with the hospital. If all equal choose the closest.

Sending healing waves.

April 16
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Cheri, that’s what Cathy and I did. It’s worth making appt to get a second opinion. You will have to ask. Maybe fax over data and have Teledoc. Meeting.

UCLA
MD ANDERSON
MAYO CLINIC
CLEVELAND CLINIC Rochester

Best of luck! 🥰Kaye

April 15
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Cheri, I just wanted to say how sorry I am you’re going thru that. It must be terribly disappointing and Scarey. I’m at 3 1/2 years BRCA 2 2 years Lynparza and avastin. So this hits me hard this happened to you because we’re on a similar journey. I will pray for you.

April 19
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Cheri.
I do like my oncologist at COH, her name is Laurie Brunette. I also have changed oncologists a couple of times.

April 16

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kissee Mills, MO

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roswell, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In