Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
January 19
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members responding to the question about joint and bone pain while on Avastin overwhelmingly confirmed that this is a real and shared... Read more

Members responding to the question about joint and bone pain while on Avastin overwhelmingly confirmed that this is a real and shared experience, even when some oncologists dismissed it as a side effect. Several members shared strategies that brought relief, including daily Claritin, Tylenol, using a humidifier, staying active through pickleball or Pilates, and medication adjustments like increased Duloxetine. A recurring theme was the importance of pushing through with self-care, seeking physical therapy, and leaning on mental health support to cope with the ongoing challenges of treatment.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Its TOTALLY a side effect.. so many of us experience this!

January 19
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Yes, I have back,neck,and body aches daily. I think it’s a side effect from chemo. I had zero aches or pains before chemo! I am much more sympathetic to those with body aches now! I don’t let these pains stop me exercising though. When I play pickleball I kinda forget the pain when I’m concentrating on playing!😘

January 22
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you for sharing. I agree, in my case getting back to Pilates is helping me.

January 22
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Rising bloodpressure

January 19
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

No. I have had less problems with avastin when I use a humidifier

January 19

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Munich, DE