Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 6, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I can’t say about having it again. If I have another major surgery I probably would look into it again. Ask questions and see if it’s possible. Best of luck. 🩵🙏🩵

October 10, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hello, after I recurred and finished 6 rounds of chemo, month later had debunking surgery, to see if anything was left behind after chemo) had a hernia repair and then also had HIPAC. The HIPAC surgery itself was not bad. I was terrified of it, but it was ok. The hernia repair was worse. Now 19 months later I have recurred again. I will try to get the HIPAC again after completing chemo. I am 71 years old. Good luck to your mom,
Brenda

October 9, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Oh that’s a bummer, but glad to see that you’re still with us and putting up a fight. My mom just got diagnosed last year. I wish you best of luck on your journey.

Thanks for your reply! Do you know if HIPAC can be done once you have had the decoupling surgery. Mom had it back in January this year, unfortunately no one told us about the HIPAC at the time.

October 6, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had it with my surgery in 2022, no issues with it at all, NED! Unfortunately I had a recurrence by 6 months and still fighting it. I would do it if you can.

October 6, 2025
MyOvarianCancerTeam

Unfortunately, the provided search results don't contain specific information about HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) treatment for ovarian cancer. To properly answer this important question, additional medical information about HIPEC procedures and protocols would be needed.

It would be best to discuss HIPEC Show Full Answer

Unfortunately, the provided search results don't contain specific information about HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) treatment for ovarian cancer. To properly answer this important question, additional medical information about HIPEC procedures and protocols would be needed.

It would be best to discuss HIPEC treatment options directly with your oncologist or surgical team, as they can provide personalized guidance based on your specific situation, cancer stage, and overall health status. While the search results discuss various surgical options including hysterectomy and chemotherapy treatments, they don't specifically address HIPEC. Your healthcare team can explain whether HIPEC would be appropriate as a standalone treatment or if it should be combined with other surgical procedures in your case.

October 6, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fernandina Beach, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Kissee Mills, MO