Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fernandina Beach, FL

Has anyone done the HiPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) when you had your debulking or cytoreduction surgery? If so, how did you handle it and was it successful for you?

January 28, 2023
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had it after my debulking surgery. You don't notice anything and it kills any little cancer cells that might remain.

January 29, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you, I hope this fight is going well for you this time too. What kinda of treatment this time for you?

January 29, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My doctor did intraperitoneal chemo after my debulking surgery. He continued it for several chemo sessions along with my carbo and taxol I really think it helped because my tumor was pretty large and I had a lot of fluid in my abdomen. I went 2-1/2 years with no treatments until my first recurrence.

January 29, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Can you tell me how long were you in the hospital? Where did you have it done at? Would you recommend having it done? Has your cancer returned since you had it done?

January 29, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rancho Mirage, CA